Monday, September 19, 2016

Fall 2016 Week 4

This week, a lot of lingering confusion was sorted out. My team and I were given our deliverables for the year, but we were still unsure of what the other sub teams were going to work on. Therefore, the whole 1/12th scale team had a meeting in order to figure out what each sub team was working on and exactly how much overlap there was between each team's responsibilities. In addition, a Slack group chat was created for the 1/12th scale team as a means of a communication and keeping everyone on the same page so that the project may be completed smoothly and cohesively.

After speaking to the positioning team, my team and I confirmed that the ferrous strips and magnets will be implemented for tracking of the bogie. As such, we are now trying to figure out a way where we can build off of the positioning code in order to control the bogie's switching.

This week really gave everyone, including myself, a clear picture of what we need to accomplish and which teams we must work and communicate with. Therefore, the objective of this project is no longer so vague and ambiguous as it was to me before. I am very excited to see what my team and I can achieve in the next couple weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment