Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 7

This week, I worked a little more on the presentation since my team and I did not present last week. This was the case for the whole 1/12th scale team, so not much progress was made as a whole group this week as well. However, Luis and I were able to get the RFID reader and sonar sensor to work. The sonar sensor will perform the task we desire it to, but we found that the card or tag must be very close to the RFID reader in order to be read. In addition, the card or tag cannot pass by the sensor too quickly or it may not be read. Therefore, the best use for the RFID sensors is to be placed at each station such that we may be able to know which pod car is at which station or has passed by. Currently, we are still on track, but I'd like to finally be able to test the pod cars on the track. Hopefully, we will be able to find a way to use the magnets as a means for positioning and switching.

No comments:

Post a Comment