Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 12

This week my team and I met with Eric, Dr. Furman and Ron to figure out exactly what is required of us by the end of the semester. My team's goal is to have a bench test for all the electronic components by the end of the semester in order to make sure everything is functioning correctly before they are assembled onto pod car.

On the other hand, Luis and I have managed to figure out how to get I2C communication working between the Arduino Micro and Arduino Uno, which is a big step for us. A big part of our confusion with the summer team's code was how the microncontrollers were communicating with one another. Fortunately, I2C communication only requires two wires and allows the two microcontrollers to send information directly back and forth. Although I2C communication has limitations, those limitations will not really affect us.

Now that things are becoming a lot clearer, all that is left is to continue salvaging pieces of the summer team's code while modifying our own. Our progress may have stalled for a bit due to presentations and essays, but my team and I are finally picking up momentum again.

No comments:

Post a Comment